-   -   Need to stop automatic column re-sizing when importing XML data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252794-need-stop-automatic-column-re-sizing-when-importing-xml-data.html)

Brian Beckers

Need to stop automatic column re-sizing when importing XML data

I have created an spreadsheet in Excel 2007 with an XML Map for importing and
reading data from an external source. My problem is that when I "Import XML"
in the Developer ribbon, the columns auto-format to match the width of the
data. I don't want this to happen.

How can I keep Excel from auto-sizing the columns when I import the XML data?