-   -   Lookup restrictions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252782-lookup-restrictions.html)

lputnam

Lookup restrictions

I want to create a table with drop down (look Up?) field that restricts the
next drop down box in the next field. I want to select a model in one field.
Based on that selection, a list of options pertinent only to that model are
the only ones to filter(?) in the drop down box in the next field.

What is this called? I have 3 access books and cannot find it.

--
Lou Putnam

T. Valko

Lookup restrictions

What is this called?

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"lputnam" wrote in message
I want to create a table with drop down (look Up?) field that restricts the
next drop down box in the next field. I want to select a model in one
field.
Based on that selection, a list of options pertinent only to that model
are
the only ones to filter(?) in the drop down box in the next field.

What is this called? I have 3 access books and cannot find it.

--
Lou Putnam

.
Sorry I miss posted this in Excel. I reposted it in Access.