-   -   use copy paste function in the find & replace box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252731-use-copy-paste-function-find-replace-box.html)

Shkendi

use copy paste function in the find & replace box

In my language I need to use a special character which is very important.
Because it is used very often, I intend to use the find and replace box, but
I can't apply copy paste in the box and the character code doesn't work as
well. I noticed that with Excel 2007 it is possible, but with Excel 2003 I
can not do it, and my computer is a little old, so I can't install Office 2007
Can anyone help me solve the problem?

Thank you,

Shkendi

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

use copy paste function in the find & replace box

Try to produce this special character within "Word" and then copy/paste it
into "Excels" Find&Replace.
Micky

"Shkendi" wrote:

In my language I need to use a special character which is very important.
Because it is used very often, I intend to use the find and replace box, but
I can't apply copy paste in the box and the character code doesn't work as
well. I noticed that with Excel 2007 it is possible, but with Excel 2003 I
can not do it, and my computer is a little old, so I can't install Office 2007
Can anyone help me solve the problem?

Thank you,

Shkendi

mike the new guy

use copy paste function in the find & replace box

I'm able to use the keyboard shortcuts for copy and past in the find and
replace box. Use 'ctrl-c' to copy the text from inside the sheet, open the
find and replace dialogue box, and use 'ctrl-v' to paste. Give that a shot.

mike b