-   -   Student With A Question On MS Office 2007 Ribbon (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252714-student-question-ms-office-2007-ribbon.html)

Eddy

Student With A Question On MS Office 2007 Ribbon

I am working on a Excel problem for homework and I can't find the Solver Icon
on the Ribbon in the Analysis Group on Data Tab. As far as I can tell this
doesn't seem to be a techical issue. But why the Analysis group is not
appearing on the far right on the Ribbon I am not sure. This is a brand new
piece of MS Office software that I have installed and am working with. Why
is this?

Arceedee

Student With A Question On MS Office 2007 Ribbon

I think you need to get the "Add-in".
Select the Button - Excel Options - Add-Ins - Analysis Toolpak

Follow instructions

"Eddy" wrote:

I am working on a Excel problem for homework and I can't find the Solver Icon
on the Ribbon in the Analysis Group on Data Tab. As far as I can tell this
doesn't seem to be a techical issue. But why the Analysis group is not
appearing on the far right on the Ribbon I am not sure. This is a brand new
piece of MS Office software that I have installed and am working with. Why
is this?

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Student With A Question On MS Office 2007 Ribbon

You have to load Solver.

Put this:-

Load the Solver Add-in

- into an EXCEL F1 search and follow the instructions.

Thanks.

"Eddy" wrote:

I am working on a Excel problem for homework and I can't find the Solver Icon
on the Ribbon in the Analysis Group on Data Tab. As far as I can tell this
doesn't seem to be a techical issue. But why the Analysis group is not
appearing on the far right on the Ribbon I am not sure. This is a brand new
piece of MS Office software that I have installed and am working with. Why
is this?

JLatham

Student With A Question On MS Office 2007 Ribbon

I think you meant 'Solver Add-in' instead of 'Analysis Toolpak'.