-   -   how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252703-how-do-i-increase-value-numbers-column-percentage.html)

colinchurcher

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks

Gary''s Student

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

Say we want to increase a column of values by 6%. In an unused cell, enter
1.06. Copy this cell. Select the column of numbers. PasteSpecial Multiply
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"colinchurcher" wrote:

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

1. In cell H 1 I have:-

10

2. In cell I 1 I have:-

=(H1*10%)

3. Just copy the formula above down the column:-

- Ctrl-C in cell I 1

- highlight cells I 2 to I 6000

- Ctrl-V to paste.

The above should achieve what you want.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks

Per Jessen

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

Say you want to add 10% to all prices, then enter 1,1 in an unused cell,
copy the cell, then select the price column, and goto Edit PasteSpecial
Operation: Multiply.

Regards,
Per

"colinchurcher" skrev i
meddelelsen ...
i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how
increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

sorry I 1 should read:-

=(H1*10%)

Apologies for error.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks

Gord Dibben

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

Keep at it. You'll get it right eventually<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP