-   -   Bell Curve Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252701-bell-curve-chart.html)

perale

Bell Curve Chart

I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell
curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the
Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930
"How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got
hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow
instructions?

A-1 11
A-2 16
A-3 23
B-1 60
B-2 32
B-3 18
C-1 9
C-2 4
C-3 2

Bernie Deitrick

Bell Curve Chart

Try using an XY chart with smoothed lines.

As for creating a Bell Curve Chart - those are the simplest instructions.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"perale" wrote in message
I have 2 columns of data - see below. My boss wants me to create a bell
curve chart, but if I use the chart wizard and select "Line" from the
Standard Types tab then my chart has steep angles. I reviewed Article 213930
"How To Create A Bell Curve Chart" - 4 pages of complicated how to's and got
hung up on the first page. Can anyone provide me with some easy to follow
instructions?

A-1 11
A-2 16
A-3 23
B-1 60
B-2 32
B-3 18
C-1 9
C-2 4
C-3 2

Mike Middleton

Bell Curve Chart

perale -

The phrase "bell curve" usually refers to the very special Gaussian
("normal") probability density function.

In many situations, a "histogram" is a better first step in describing your
data.

An Excel histogram is a Column chart type for a frequency distribution of
your data.

If you want to create a histogram, you can use Excel's Histogram tool, part
of the Excel's Analysis ToolPak add-in. Or, you can use my free Better
Histogram tool, available from www.treeplan.com. Or, you can use Excel's
FREQUENCY array-entered worksheet function and create a Column chart from
the function results.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com