-   -   forgot my vba project passowrd (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252539-forgot-my-vba-project-passowrd.html)

linto

forgot my vba project passowrd

guys I forgot my vba project password for one of my old file.
how do i remove this password

Jacob Skaria

forgot my vba project passowrd

The below link should help.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--
Jacob

"linto" wrote:

guys I forgot my vba project password for one of my old file.
how do i remove this password

linto

forgot my vba project passowrd

thanks
the site talks about some hex editor for vba project passwords. I dont know
whats this and how to do it. any help?

"linto" wrote:

guys I forgot my vba project password for one of my old file.
how do i remove this password

Jacob Skaria

forgot my vba project passowrd

Why dont you try googling; there is a lot of freeware to crack passwords.

Try this Add-In http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html

Just to remind you on the DISCLAIMER (from mcgimpsey.com): Please note that
breaking password protection MAY violate laws or regulations in your
jurisdiction. In the United States (currently) it is certainly OK to break
password protection on sheets that you developed for your personal use, or
for which you have permission from the author or owner. It's probably OK if
you own the workbook, even if it was written by someone else. But neither
Norman nor I are intellectual property lawyers in ANY jurisdiction, so, if in
doubt, ask the original author, and if you can't ask - don't use it!

--
Jacob

"linto" wrote:

guys I forgot my vba project password for one of my old file.
how do i remove this password

Bill Sharpe

"linto" wrote:

guys I forgot my vba project password for one of my old file.
how do i remove this password

One approach that may work is to open the Excel file in OpenOffice.org's
Calc program. You may be able to at least view the VBA code, although
you can't run any macros from the file. You won't find the password,
though, with this method.

Bill