-   -   How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252463-how-do-i-get-rid-personal-xls-sheet-workbook.html)

Arencia

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?

Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the
PERSONAL.XLS sheet

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?

Normally the Personal file is hidden
If you use Windows | Hide then you will never need to close it again
OR you could locate it in the XLSTART folder and just delete it - hope it
has no macros that you need to use
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arencia" wrote in message
Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the
PERSONAL.XLS sheet

Ron de Bruin

How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm