-   -   Conditional SUM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25245-conditional-sum.html)

Vince

Conditional SUM

I am trying to work up an estimate for purchasing several items.

I have the following data listed within columns:

LIST PRICE (in a column of all possible items that might be
purchased);
DISCOUNT FACTOR (percentage of LIST PRICE for two stores
within a cell, for reference to); and,
QTY (quatity to purchase).

What formula should I use (Excel97) to calculate the following, in
English:

IF value in QTY is greater than 0, THEN return the product of QTY by
DISCOUNT FACTOR by LIST PRICE.

Bob Phillips

=IF(qty0,qty*discount_factor*list_price,0)

--

HTH

RP

"Vince" wrote in message

I am trying to work up an estimate for purchasing several items.

I have the following data listed within columns:

LIST PRICE (in a column of all possible items that might be
purchased);
DISCOUNT FACTOR (percentage of LIST PRICE for two stores
within a cell, for reference to); and,
QTY (quatity to purchase).

What formula should I use (Excel97) to calculate the following, in
English:

IF value in QTY is greater than 0, THEN return the product of QTY by
DISCOUNT FACTOR by LIST PRICE.

Vince

On Sun, 8 May 2005 01:30:36 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

=IF(qty0,qty*discount_factor*list_price,0)

Yes, it has helped. Thank you.