-   -   Content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252442-content.html)

lightbulb

Content

If I'm in cell C5, I want a formula that will do the following; if cell B5
contains "Assembly" anywhere in it's text, then I want C5 to say Assembly,
otherwise I want C5 to copy B5.

Any help?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Content

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Assembly",B5)),"Assembly",B5)
--
David Biddulph

"lightbulb" wrote in message
If I'm in cell C5, I want a formula that will do the following; if cell B5
contains "Assembly" anywhere in it's text, then I want C5 to say
Assembly,
otherwise I want C5 to copy B5.

Any help?

Dave Peterson