-   -   Find & Replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252410-find-replace.html)

PL

Find & Replace

In many cells, = 12 * XXX, where XXX vary for all the cells

I want to use find & replace to change cells to XXX, omitting the =12*

what should I enter in the replace ?

Thanks

Excel 2003

leung

Find & Replace

is XXX a numerica value?
if ues then replace =12 with =1 then. (just kidding..)

you should put find: =12~*
replace with empty

"PL" wrote:

In many cells, = 12 * XXX, where XXX vary for all the cells

I want to use find & replace to change cells to XXX, omitting the =12*

what should I enter in the replace ?

Thanks

Excel 2003

Sheeloo

Find & Replace

I am assuming that XXX represents numbers...

Removing =12* from the formula is same as dividing the values by 12...
If this is true then enter 12 in any empty cell, copy the cell, select the
cells (I am assuming that you can do this without much difficulty) with the
formula, choose PASTE SPECIAL and choose Divide and then click OK.