-   -   Please help with matching spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252370-please-help-matching-spreadsheets.html)

joel

Please help with matching spreadsheets

I have two spreadsheets with file numbers in column A. I need to know if the
files on spreadsheet 1 (named 2008) are located on spreadsheet 2 (named RS).
If so, I need to put a 1 in the column I'm entering the function (column "U",
since columns B through T have different data).

Any immediate help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe

(muggle)

Luke M

Please help with matching spreadsheets

Perhaps something like this:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(2008!A1,RS!A:A,0)),1,"")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M