-   -   Alerts.... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252288-alerts.html)

gustin

Alerts....

hello,
i am trying to set up a budget sheet in excel. is there any way to set excel so that a cell will change colors or do some type of alert when it has hit a maximun number. for example: i have a column for expendatures and a cell at the bottom is formulated to add it all up. i want to know if there is someway to set a max amount of the sum, in that cell and excel alerting me when i exceed that max amount?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/2

Mike H

Alerts....

Hi,

Have a look in Excel help for conditional formatting and if you get stuck
post back.

Mike

"gustin" wrote:

hello,
i am trying to set up a budget sheet in excel. is there any way to set excel so that a cell will change colors or do some type of alert when it has hit a maximun number. for example: i have a column for expendatures and a cell at the bottom is formulated to add it all up. i want to know if there is someway to set a max amount of the sum, in that cell and excel alerting me when i exceed that max amount?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/2
.

gustin

Alerts....

it works, yes. another question arrose upon doing that though: how do I put a value between a minimum number and a maximum number? for example: 150 but <200. I want the alert to show up between those two numbers. this formatting doesn't seem to like doing that. how do I get around it?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/Alerts

Gary Keramidas

Alerts....

if i understand correctly, this may work for you. select formula in the dropdown
and paste this formula, just change the cell reference.

=AND(A1150,A1<200)
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"gustin" / wrote in message
it works, yes. another question arrose upon doing that though: how do I put a
value between a minimum number and a maximum number? for example: 150 but
<200. I want the alert to show up between those two numbers. this formatting
doesn't seem to like doing that. how do I get around it?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/Alerts

gustin

Alerts....