-   -   how do I stop PERSONAL.XLSB from showing every time XL opens? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252225-how-do-i-stop-personal-xlsb-showing-every-time-xl-opens.html)

Kerry S

how do I stop PERSONAL.XLSB from showing every time XL opens?

This workbook comes up every time I open XL - then I have to create a new
workbook. How can I stop this workbook from opening automatically? I am
using Office 2007.

FSt1

how do I stop PERSONAL.XLSB from showing every time XL opens?

hi
if the personal.xlsb is in the xl start folder, it will open with xl. it
should open hidden so try hidding it. the personal.xlsb workbook should
contain all of your personal macros and stuff that you want available at all
times, hidden in the background. if not then remove the workbook from the xl
start folder.

regards
FSt1