-   -   Labelling X and Y axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252201-labelling-x-y-axis.html)

ecp1rm

Labelling X and Y axis

I cannot label the X and Y axis in Excel. I would be grateful if any one
would help.
--
Thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Labelling X and Y axis

In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:-

1. Click somewhere in the graph.

2. Chart Tools / Layout / Labels group / Axis Titles / Primary Horizontal
Axis Title / Title Below Axis

3. A box will now be placed on the X axis. Just click in the box to edit it
then click anywhere outside of the box to see the effect of the change that
you have just made.

4. Click somewhere in the graph.

5. Chart Tools / Layout / Labels group / Axis Titles / Primary Vertical Axis
Title / Horizontal Title

6. A box will now be placed on the Y axis. Just click in the box to edit it
then click anywhere outside of the box to see the effect of the change that
you have just made.

Save the file if required.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped,

Thanks.

"ecp1rm" wrote:

I cannot label the X and Y axis in Excel. I would be grateful if any one
would help.
--
Thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Labelling X and Y axis

Just in case you mean Data Labels (these are descriptions that, for example,
appear above the actual columns on the graph itself) take the following
action in EXCEL 2007:-

1. Click on the chart to highlight it.

2. Chart Tools / Layout / Labels group / Data Labels / Outside End

This will place the Data Labels (for example numbers) above the columns in
the chart that you have.

"ecp1rm" wrote:

I cannot label the X and Y axis in Excel. I would be grateful if any one
would help.
--
Thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Labelling X and Y axis

And finally . . .

If you want to take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 28 towards the top of my home page (at the very top at the
moment) there is an EXCEL 2007 file in which you can see what I have done.

The chart on my website does not show the addition of the Data Labels.

You can practise that yourself by taking the aforementioned actions:-

"ecp1rm" wrote:

I cannot label the X and Y axis in Excel. I would be grateful if any one
would help.
--
Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]