-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/252146-conditional-formatting.html)

Panchi

Conditional Formatting

I have a sheet that already has conditonal format where every 3rd row is
highlighted green (the cond. format formula is =MOD(ROW(),3)=1 ).

Now I want to add another condition where the #N/A is not visible. Its OK
for all the rows that are not highlighted but it still shows the error in the
rows still highlighted. how can i work around this?

Gary''s Student

Conditional Formatting

You can avoid the problem with =ISNA(). for example, rather than:
=VLOOKUP(A1,D1:E10,2)
use:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,D1:E10,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,D1:E1 0,2))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Panchi" wrote:

I have a sheet that already has conditonal format where every 3rd row is
highlighted green (the cond. format formula is =MOD(ROW(),3)=1 ).

Now I want to add another condition where the #N/A is not visible. Its OK
for all the rows that are not highlighted but it still shows the error in the
rows still highlighted. how can i work around this?

Faraz A. Qureshi

Conditional Formatting

If using XL 2007:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(....),"")
Otherwise
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....))

--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

"Panchi" wrote:

I have a sheet that already has conditonal format where every 3rd row is
highlighted green (the cond. format formula is =MOD(ROW(),3)=1 ).

Now I want to add another condition where the #N/A is not visible. Its OK
for all the rows that are not highlighted but it still shows the error in the
rows still highlighted. how can i work around this?

Panchi[_3_]

Conditional Formatting

Thanks GS & Faraz, the issue is reolved now.

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote in
message ...
If using XL 2007:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(....),"")
Otherwise
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....))

--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz