-   -   Excel count with 2 conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/251753-excel-count-2-conditions.html)

Janet

Excel count with 2 conditions

I'm sure this is an easy one for you but I just can't get it to work
correctly. I have a spreadsheet that I want to count certain criteria.
Example:
A B C
Name Gender Score
Calvin M 3
William M 4
Jessica F 1
Sarah F 3
Bryan M 1
Anna F 3

I need to how many females scored a 3. What would you suggest I use for a
formula?

Mike

Excel count with 2 conditions

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B6="F")*(C1:C6=3))

"janet" wrote:

I'm sure this is an easy one for you but I just can't get it to work
correctly. I have a spreadsheet that I want to count certain criteria.
Example:
A B C
Name Gender Score
Calvin M 3
William M 4
Jessica F 1
Sarah F 3
Bryan M 1
Anna F 3

I need to how many females scored a 3. What would you suggest I use for a
formula?

wx4usa

Excel count with 2 conditions

On Dec 23, 2:39*pm, Mike wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B6="F")*(C1:C6=3))

"janet" wrote:
I'm sure this is an easy one for you but I just can't get it to work
correctly. *I have a spreadsheet that I want to count certain criteria. *
Example:
* *A * * * * * B * * * * * *C
Name * * *Gender * * Score
Calvin * * * M * * * * * *3
William * * M * * * * * *4
Jessica * * *F * * * * * *1
Sarah * * * F * * * * * * 3
Bryan * * * *M * * * * * *1
Anna * * * * F * * * * * * 3

I need to how many females scored a 3. *What would you suggest I use for a
formula? *

Just curious, what does the "--" in the formula do?