-   -   Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/251642-unable-unprotect-2003-xls-file.html)

r25ramirez

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file

My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and
only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now need to
manipulate the file but I am unable to unprotect the file. The €śunprotect
sheet€ť button is not available. How do I unlock the protection?

Ms-Exl-Learner

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file

Press Alt+T+P+P.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"r25ramirez" wrote:

My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and
only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now need to
manipulate the file but I am unable to unprotect the file. The €śunprotect
sheet€ť button is not available. How do I unlock the protection?

Jim Thomlinson

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file

If the file is shared you need to unshare it first as that option is not
available in shared workbooks...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"r25ramirez" wrote:

My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and
only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now need to
manipulate the file but I am unable to unprotect the file. The €śunprotect
sheet€ť button is not available. How do I unlock the protection?

r25ramirez

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file

Nope. nothing happend. A window popped up at the top of the screen looking
like it was accepting the code, but nothing happend. Thanks for the help
though.

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

Press Alt+T+P+P.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"r25ramirez" wrote:

My company recently upgraded to 2007. I had a file that was protected and
only certain cells could be modified, for data entry. I now need to
manipulate the file but I am unable to unprotect the file. The €śunprotect
sheet€ť button is not available. How do I unlock the protection?

r25ramirez

Unable to Unprotect a 2003 .xls file

That's what it was! thank you so much! I was freaking out thinking I had to
create this file over again from scratch! Thanks again!