-   -   How to find a cell with a particular date format? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/251338-how-find-cell-particular-date-format.html)

Tom

How to find a cell with a particular date format?

Hi,

For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use
the Find command to locate it?

TIA
Tom

Dave Peterson

How to find a cell with a particular date format?

Select that cell (just for testing).
Look at the formulabar--not what's displayed in the cell.

Use that when you try your Find.

--

Dave Peterson

Kaman

How to find a cell with a particular date format?

Ctrl-F, click on the Options button, then the Format... button. Leave
search field empty to find all cells with that formatting.
--
-Kaman
The IT dept people call before they call the real IT dept.

"Tom" wrote:

Hi,

For example, I have a cell that shows the date as 08/11/07. How can I use
the Find command to locate it?

TIA
Tom

.

Tom

How to find a cell with a particular date format?

Thanks Dave.