-   -   SUMIF Help... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25121-sumif-help.html)

Jambruins

SUMIF Help...

I have either a number or a blank in cells D2:P2. I want cell R2 to sum all
of the cells from D2:P2 that have a number in them. All of the cells D2:P2
have a formula in them that either enters a number in the cell or a blank.
How do I have cell R2 sum all the cells that have a number in them? Thanks

Pimulo Bradfeet

=sum(d2:p2) will calculate regardless of whether it is a blank or a formula
or a number.

"Jambruins" wrote:

I have either a number or a blank in cells D2:P2. I want cell R2 to sum all
of the cells from D2:P2 that have a number in them. All of the cells D2:P2
have a formula in them that either enters a number in the cell or a blank.
How do I have cell R2 sum all the cells that have a number in them? Thanks

Jambruins

Just using sum(d2:p2) does work but now I don't want it to add cells G2, I2,
K2, M2, O2. If I type in d2+e2+f2+h2+j2+l2+n2+p2 it gives me a #value!
error. Thanks

"Jambruins" wrote:

I have either a number or a blank in cells D2:P2. I want cell R2 to sum all
of the cells from D2:P2 that have a number in them. All of the cells D2:P2
have a formula in them that either enters a number in the cell or a blank.
How do I have cell R2 sum all the cells that have a number in them? Thanks

Aladin Akyurek

Jambruins wrote:
Just using sum(d2:p2) does work but now I don't want it to add cells G2, I2,
K2, M2, O2. If I type in d2+e2+f2+h2+j2+l2+n2+p2 it gives me a #value!
error. Thanks

[...]

=SUM(D2:F2,H2,J2,N2,P2)