-   -   Comments partially hidden due to "frozen" columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250932-comments-partially-hidden-due-frozen-columns.html)

Bob

Comments partially hidden due to "frozen" columns

I am using Excel 2007. I have "frozen" columns A thru C so they are always
visible when a user scrolls horizontally. I have also added Comments to
several cells in column B.

When a user hovers the mouse cursor over a cell containing a comment in
column B, the comment always appears to the right beginning in column C (and
extends sometimes into columns D & E). However, if a user has scrolled
horizontally to column Z, for example, and then hovers the mouse cursor over
a cell containing a comment in column B, the comment becomes partially hidden.

Is this behavior "normal" or is there something I can do (without utilizing
a macro) that will ensure the entire comment is visible even when a user has
scrolled several columns horizontally to the right?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Bob

Gord Dibben

Comments partially hidden due to "frozen" columns

It is normal behaviour with Comments and Freeze Panes.

Annoying but normal.

I do not know of a method......VBA or otherwise to overcome it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:35:02 -0800, Bob
wrote:

[...]

Hi Gord,