-   -   Prefixing a number to the number in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250919-prefixing-number-number-cell.html)

Sherees

Prefixing a number to the number in a cell

I have in column A, 1000 numbers, now i need to prefix an identical number to
all the 1000 numbers in A column. What is the easiest way?. I want the number
to be prefixed in the same A column.. Pls help

Regards
Sherees
--
Life isa journey not a destination

L. Howard Kittle

Prefixing a number to the number in a cell

Hi Sherees,

Try this, as I don't believe you can do this with a formula.

Sub PrefixItsSelf()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = cell.Value & cell.Value
Next
End Sub

Copy into the sheet module and select the cells you want to prefix and then
run the macro.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Sherees" wrote in message
I have in column A, 1000 numbers, now i need to prefix an identical number
all the 1000 numbers in A column. What is the easiest way?. I want the
number
to be prefixed in the same A column.. Pls help

Regards
Sherees
--
Life isa journey not a destination

Mike H

Prefixing a number to the number in a cell

Hi,

The answer depends on what you want to do with this prefixed number if it's
purely for show then apply a custom format of (say)
"99999"&#

Now any number will have the prefix of 99999

If that doesn't do it for you then post back

Mike