-   -   PivotTable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25091-pivottable.html)

Marek G

PivotTable

Hi all,
sorry for my bad englisch . I have questation about pivot table . I want
restrict user to access column with text.If I protect document , refresh not
enable .
why I restrict user ?
thanx marek

Debra Dalgleish

you can record a macro as you unprotect the sheet, refresh, then
reprotect. In the recorded code, you can add a password, e.g.:

'==========================
Sub RefreshPivot()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="MyPwd"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache. Refresh
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="MyPwd", _
DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=True, AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
End Sub

Then, add a "Refresh" button to the worksheet, and assign that macro to
the button.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List