-   -   How to calcuate mean and median of time (d hh:mm) data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250873-how-calcuate-mean-median-time-d-hh-mm-data.html)

KP

How to calcuate mean and median of time (d hh:mm) data?

I have time data in an excel column (formatted as d hh:mm and also as hh:mm
(2 seperate sets) . I need to find out the mean (average) and the median for
these sets. How should I go about it?

David Biddulph[_2_]

How to calcuate mean and median of time (d hh:mm) data?

=AVERAGE()
=MEDIAN()
--
David Biddulph

"kp" wrote in message
I have time data in an excel column (formatted as d hh:mm and also as hh:mm
(2 seperate sets) . I need to find out the mean (average) and the median
for
these sets. How should I go about it?

Fred Smith[_4_]

How to calcuate mean and median of time (d hh:mm) data?

Times are just numbers to Excel. You calculate the Average and Median the
same way you do with any other set of numbers.

Regards,
Fred.