-   -   Excel file will not open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250699-excel-file-will-not-open.html)

Jimmy C

Excel file will not open

When I try to open an excel file I get a prompt for user account control. I
click Yes and the file doesnt open. It says "There is a problem sending the
command to the program". I can open the file once excel is open - but not
directly from "my documents". Tried to unregister and register excel and that
did nothing. Any help would be appreciated. BTW: Excel 2003 on Windows 7.

Peo Sjoblom[_3_]

Excel file will not open

Make sure ignore other applications is not checked under
toolsoptionsgeneral

Peo Sjoblom

"Jimmy C" <Jimmy wrote in message
When I try to open an excel file I get a prompt for user account control.
click Yes and the file doesnt open. It says "There is a problem sending
the
command to the program". I can open the file once excel is open - but not
directly from "my documents". Tried to unregister and register excel and
that
did nothing. Any help would be appreciated. BTW: Excel 2003 on Windows 7.

Jimmy C[_2_]

Excel file will not open

Thanks Peo. Its not checked. Any other thoughts?

.