-   -   Copy & Paste converting rows to columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250664-re-copy-paste-converting-rows-columns.html)

Jacob Skaria

Copy & Paste converting rows to columns

With data in Sheet1 Row1 from colA to ColJ; try the below formula in Sheet2
and copy down as required...

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$J$1,ROW(A1))

or for the entire row 1 in Sheet1

=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROW(A1))

--
Jacob

"MJC" wrote:

I have an input worksheet for which the data is input across the page (ie.
Column a,b etc). On the next worksheet I have made formulas that I want to
copy down the page by rows. What i want to know is it possible to copy a
formula and paste it down by rows but instead of changing the row number it
changes the column letter leaving the row number the same?

Thanks in advance