-   -   rounding down to nearest 1/32 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250472-rounding-down-nearest-1-32-a.html)

Jason

rounding down to nearest 1/32

Hello,
I'm doing a spread sheet to calculate pipe cut lengths and I would like my
numbers to round down to nearest 1/32. I was getting a fraction like 2/9 and
since that's not a tape measure length, I would like it to round down. I do
not want all my numbers to be x/32 just to the nearest 32nd. Please assist.

thank you

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: rounding down to nearest 1/32

Note: This custom format only rounds down to the nearest 1/32. If you want to round up or round to the nearest 1/32, you will need to use a different custom format.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pete_UK

rounding down to nearest 1/32

Take a look at the FLOOR (and CEILING) function in XL Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 8, 7:25*pm, Jason wrote:
Hello,
I'm doing a spread sheet to calculate pipe cut lengths and I would like my
numbers to round down to nearest 1/32. I was getting a fraction like 2/9 and
since that's not a tape measure length, I would like it to round down. I do
not want all my numbers to be x/32 just to the nearest 32nd. Please assist.

Sean Timmons

rounding down to nearest 1/32

Assuming this is in cell A2:

=ROUND(A2*32,0)/32

"Jason" wrote:

Hello,
I'm doing a spread sheet to calculate pipe cut lengths and I would like my
numbers to round down to nearest 1/32. I was getting a fraction like 2/9 and
since that's not a tape measure length, I would like it to round down. I do
not want all my numbers to be x/32 just to the nearest 32nd. Please assist.

thank you

Sean Timmons

rounding down to nearest 1/32

Oops: