-   -   Cell that is formated for Date shows a diffrent number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250470-cell-formated-date-shows-diffrent-number.html)

Haider

Cell that is formated for Date shows a diffrent number

I have an Excel form with a Cell that you need to input sale date that I
input my self. The cell changes from example (12/1/2009) to 32453, but once
you double click on the cell it show the hidden (12/1/2009) once you click
out of it, it revets to the 32453 number. I check the cell format and it
show as date.

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Cell that is formated for Date shows a diffrent number

This sounds very odd because 32453 = 11/6/1988 and not 12/1/2009
Micky

"Haider" wrote:

I have an Excel form with a Cell that you need to input sale date that I
input my self. The cell changes from example (12/1/2009) to 32453, but once
you double click on the cell it show the hidden (12/1/2009) once you click
out of it, it revets to the 32453 number. I check the cell format and it
show as date.

Dave Peterson

Cell that is formated for Date shows a diffrent number

You're looking at formulas.

In xl2003 menus:
tools|options|view tab|uncheck formulas

I don't recall where under the Office button|excel options this is kept, but...

ctrl-` (control-backquote, the key to the left of the 1/! on my USA keyboard) is
the shortcut key for toggling this setting.

--

Dave Peterson