-   -   Data Filter on Selected rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250354-data-filter-selected-rows-columns.html)

Mike

Data Filter on Selected rows and columns

I would like to filter only a few selected rows and columns on my worksheet,
can I do this? Whe I higlight the selected rows and columns, it doesn't seem
to hold when I turn on the data filter. Please advise.

Thank you
Mike

Don Guillett

Data Filter on Selected rows and columns

You can limit the rows but you cannot limit the columns.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mike" wrote in message
I would like to filter only a few selected rows and columns on my
worksheet,
can I do this? Whe I higlight the selected rows and columns, it doesn't
seem
to hold when I turn on the data filter. Please advise.

Thank you
Mike

Gord Dibben

Data Filter on Selected rows and columns

Excel 2003........DataListCreate List with the selected range.

Filtering and sorting will be done only within the List.

Excel 2007..........InsertTable

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP