-   -   in mail merge how do i convert currency from excel to word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25035-mail-merge-how-do-i-convert-currency-excel-word.html)

amedeo

in mail merge how do i convert currency from excel to word

I have a spreadsheet that uses currency. When I mail-merge into Word
document, the currency doesn't convert correctly. For example the $ sign
does not come across, the diget 0 does not convert if its the last digit
(i.e. in excel $20.50 - converts to Word in mail merge as 20.5) and if the
currency does not end in 0, it converts with 4 digits after decimal point
(i.e. $20.51 converts to 20.5142).

JE McGimpsey

Use a numeric switch in your merge fields within Word. See "Numeric
Picture (\#) field switch" in Word Help.