-   -   Hyperlink in Excel 2000 can't open bookmarked Word 2000 file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25034-hyperlink-excel-2000-cant-open-bookmarked-word-2000-file.html)

DCheslock

Hyperlink in Excel 2000 can't open bookmarked Word 2000 file

In Excel 2000, I tried to create a hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word 2000
document. When I clicked the "bookmark" button in the "insert hyperlink"
dialog box, I got a message saying Excel could not open or parse the file. I
can create a hyperlink to the beginning of the file and, in Word, it appears
that the bookmarks are there since I can "go to" them.

Dave Peterson

Both of these worked ok for me:

(Insert|hyperlink style)
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01
Or
=hyperlink() style:
=hyperlink("C:\MY DOCUMENTS\WORD\MyDoc.DOC#bkmk01")

You may want to post what your folder, filename, and bookmark look like if this
doesn't help.

--

Dave Peterson