-   -   random generate team (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250331-random-generate-team.html)

Gary Shelton

random generate team

Appologize in advance if this question has been asked... but I want to use
Microsoft Excel to take a list of 25 names and create some random teams. See
we have a B-Day party on Saturday and we are playing in a game that has two
teams on a court at a given time with 5 players per team. We want to have a
way to random generate the 5 teams.

David Biddulph[_2_]

random generate team

In a column alongside your names, put a random number =RAND().
Select both columns and sort by the second column. 1st 5 in one team, next
5 in 2nd team, etc.
--
David Biddulph