-   -   day of the week and date formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250044-day-week-date-formula.html)

Sarah Elliott

day of the week and date formula

Hello

I am looking to write a formula that gives me the difference in hours
between a logged date and time and a closed date and time eg -27/11/2009
09:23:26 and
30/11/2009 10:34:20. Once I have this I need to calculate the working
hours used to resolve the issue. If the duration of the time includes a
weekend, a saturday would equate to 4 hours working and a sunday would be 0
hours working time, a week day equates to 11.5 hours working.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

--
Sarah

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

day of the week and date formula

Hi,

we need to know what hours during any day are considered working - ie, do
all hours of the day count as working hours or only certain ones?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Sarah Elliott" wrote:

Hello

I am looking to write a formula that gives me the difference in hours
between a logged date and time and a closed date and time eg -27/11/2009
09:23:26 and
30/11/2009 10:34:20. Once I have this I need to calculate the working
hours used to resolve the issue. If the duration of the time includes a
weekend, a saturday would equate to 4 hours working and a sunday would be 0
hours working time, a week day equates to 11.5 hours working.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

--
Sarah