-   -   Sorting in multiple worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249940-sorting-multiple-worksheets.html)

GWVF

Sorting in multiple worksheets

I'm having a few issues sorting rows in multiple worksheets. I have 6
worksheets with Names in one column and employee numbers in another. I have
these linked throughout all six worksheets. When I sort the rows in my
worksheet A it sorts the linked cells brillantly throughout the rest of the
worksheets. However, I have data in the worksheets B-E that relates to the
specific employees name in the row. When I sort the related data does not
stay with the specific employee's row in worksheets B-E. Any ideas?

Gord Dibben

Sorting in multiple worksheets

If you select all columns before doing the sort, all data will stay
together.

But since you have some columns linked in sheets B-E and some not linked,
the not-linked cells will not sort when you sort sheet A.

Only the linked cells will follow sheet A's sort.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP