-   -   Lookup Data in Another Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249797-lookup-data-another-table.html)

Doug

Lookup Data in Another Table

I need to instruct MS Excel to look in the cells in column D of Table One,
see if those cells match data in column H of Table Two, and if it does to
insert the descriptions from column I of Table Two in column E of Table One.
In other words, I am matching codes between two spreadsheets, finding the
description of the codes and placing them in a new column in the original
table. 'Suggestion, please.

Sincerely,
DOUG ECKERT

Pete_UK

Lookup Data in Another Table

You don't say what row your data starts on - I'll assume row 2, so put
this in E2:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(D2,H:H,0)),"",VLOOKUP(D2,H:I,2,0))

Copy down for as many entries as you have in column D.

Hope this helps.

Pete