-   -   Sorting and subtotal in a filtered list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249766-sorting-subtotal-filtered-list.html)

Ken W

Sorting and subtotal in a filtered list

When I sort and then subtotal a filtered list, the subtotal does not always
subtotal the entire list of records that have the field that I sorted on.
Sometimes I may have several subtotals that I need to add up. What is
happening here and is there any way to fix this?

Dave Peterson

Sorting and subtotal in a filtered list

I always remove the existing subtotals (created by data|subtotals, right???).

Then I sort the way I want and reapply the data|subtotals.

--

Dave Peterson