-   -   derive data from masterlist to another worksheet in same workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249561-derive-data-masterlist-another-worksheet-same-workbook.html)

sorab

derive data from masterlist to another worksheet in same workbook

I have a master list on one worksheet with 8 columns of data. One of
these columns (the 4th one) has a name entry. (there are only 4 names
that would be used in all)
I would like to have a macro or an excel formula to derive on separate
worksheets ( which means 4 additional sheet, named for each of the 4
named entries in masterlist, as an entry is being made on the
masterlist.
the end result would be so that I can sort be each name on a separate
worksheet.
I dont wish to use filters on the masterlist, something which I could
have used otherwise.
Any advice ?? thanks in advance. Sorab

Herbert Seidenberg

derive data from masterlist to another worksheet in same workbook

Excel 2007
Create tabs and filter from master.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks.../11_29_09.xlsm

sorab

derive data from masterlist to another worksheet in same workbook

On Nov 29, 9:52*pm, Herbert Seidenberg
wrote:
Excel 2007
Create tabs and filter from master.http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks.../11_29_09.xlsm

many thanks, exactly what I was looking for - I will try to edit it
now to suit my requirements, many thanks for your prompt and accurate
response.
brgds - Sorab