-   -   Typing in Cells - Cell Remembers From First Few Letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249131-typing-cells-cell-remembers-first-few-letters.html)

jeanngoodyear

Typing in Cells - Cell Remembers From First Few Letters

How do you make the cells remember - Like I start to type 'Phoenix' and the
word just pops in like it remembered the word. Is this random or does it
have to see a pattern?

Joe User[_2_]

"jeanngoodyear" wrote:
How do you make the cells remember - Like I start to type 'Phoenix' and
the
word just pops in like it remembered the word. Is this random or does it
have to see a pattern?

In Excel 2003, this is controlled by the AutoComplete option under Tools
Options Edit.

Gord Dibben

Typing in Cells - Cell Remembers From First Few Letters

Not random.

Controlled by autocomplete being enabled in Editing options.

And the values Excel looks at for autocomplete must be contiguous in the
same column as your entry cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP