-   -   Pasting into merged cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249024-pasting-into-merged-cells.html)

ann

Pasting into merged cells

I have a merged cell in which I want to paste text from another cell. Every
time I try get an error message saying that the cellsI have to unmerge the
merged cells first, paste, and them remerge. Is there any way to avoid doing
this? It is a real pain.

Paul C

Pasting into merged cells

If you copy only the text from the formula bar of the first cell you can
paste it into the formula bar of the second cell without going throught the
unmerge dance.

Alternately you could just put a formula in the merged cell referencing the
cell you want to copy from. You can than Copy-PasteSpecial-Values in the
merged cell.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"ann" wrote:

I have a merged cell in which I want to paste text from another cell. Every
time I try get an error message saying that the cellsI have to unmerge the
merged cells first, paste, and them remerge. Is there any way to avoid doing
this? It is a real pain.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Pasting into merged cells

Yes, merged cells are indeed a pain. Avoid them like the plague. Read the
archives of this group for countless reasons why.
--
David Biddulph