-   -   Interest Accrual Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2482-interest-accrual-question.html)

Kent

Interest Accrual Question

I have searched all over the internet for the answer to this question, so
please forgive me if it has been asked before.

I have written a simple spreadsheet to allow me to serve as a bank for my
daughter (6 years old). She gives me her money and I enter it into the
spreadsheet. Using datedif between the date of her deposit and TODAY it
calculates the simple interest that has accrued and totals the amounts.

All of this works great, until she wants to make a withdrawal. I need to be
able to reduce the amout she has on deposit, without affecting the already
accrued interest.

There may be a better way to write this- I tried to use ACCRITN, but I
couldn't figure out how to do it that way.

I would appreciate any pointers anyone has.

Thanks

Ken Russell

Hi Kent, Send me your e-mail address and I'll attach a spreadsheet that I
use for that very purpose.

Cheers,
Ken Russell

Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail