-   -   Password for cells and Password for sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/248069-password-cells-password-sheet.html)

Emece

Password for cells and Password for sheet

I have some cells protected with a password so that they cannot be modified,
and I want to add a different password to the sheet. Is this possible? Thanks
in advance.
Regards,
Emece.-

Dave Peterson

Password for cells and Password for sheet

xl2002 (IIRC) added range protection.

If you're using xl2002+, you may want to look at that.

In xl2003 menus:
tools|Protection|Allow users to edit ranges
will get you close.

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Thomlinson

Password for cells and Password for sheet

I am a little lost by your question. Cell protection is controlled by the
cell being either locked or unlocked. the lock itself does nothing until the
sheet is protected. Once the sheet is protected then only the unlocked cells
may be modified. Individual cells do not have passwords. The only password is
attached to the sheet.

If you want different users to have different accesses then look at
Allow Users to Edit Ranges...
on the protection menu.
--
HTH...