-   -   need to display 123,000 instead of 123000 using mail merge (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247988-need-display-123-000-instead-123000-using-mail-merge.html)

ronw55

need to display 123,000 instead of 123000 using mail merge

What do I have to do when using mail merge to get a large number to display
in a word document letter with a comma?

David Biddulph[_2_]

need to display 123,000 instead of 123000 using mail merge

Mail merge Excel to Word:
a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge
c.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx
d.. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm
e.. news:microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

--
David Biddulph

"ronw55" wrote in message
What do I have to do when using mail merge to get a large number to
display
in a word document letter with a comma?

Luke M

need to display 123,000 instead of 123000 using mail merge

You need to physically convert it before importing. Use the formula:

=TEXT(A2,"#,###")

Now when you import it into a word document the comma will remain.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M