-   -   save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24793-save-text-field-w-leading-zeros-csv-format-not-lose-zeros.html)

Ques

save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros?

I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers. I need
to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by
adding a leading zero. I have tried using the concatenate function to add
the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one
digit. How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the
leading zero?

Duke Carey

Check your CSV file in Notepad, not in Excel. Excel will frequently convert
your text representation of a number into a number, even though it likely was
written out to disk with the leading zero