-   -   how do I put in a name for the columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247911-how-do-i-put-name-columns.html)

asdf[_2_]

how do I put in a name for the columns?

I need to put in a name for the columns. But I don't want the names to be
part of the data in the columns, just want it to be a name.

How do I do that?

Ms-Exl-Learner

how do I put in a name for the columns?

Just select the column or columns and press Cntrl+F3 and give the name you
want and press ok. Now use the defined name in your formula.

For Example:-

Select the B to E and press Cntrl+F3 and give the desired name as ABC and
give Ok.

And use the defined name in your formula like this.
=SUM(ABC)
This will total the Numeric values which are all available in B to E Column

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(Ms-Exl-Learner)