-   -   Automatic data entry problem in EXCEL 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247857-automatic-data-entry-problem-excel-2003-a.html)

tony

Automatic data entry problem in EXCEL 2003

I set up a list to automatically plug in city names when i typed the first
few letter. However, now it does it for every sheet, new or old and I don't
need it to. I can't remember the name of the function and have scoured help
(local and on-line) trying to find the feature - no luck. Can anyone tell me
the name and how to turn it off for other worksheets.

Many thanks,
--
TONY

Dave Peterson

Automatic data entry problem in EXCEL 2003

It's called autocomplete.

In xl2003 menus:
Tools|Options|Edit Tab|Uncheck "Enable Autocomplete for cell values"