-   -   Not printing symbol in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24780-not-printing-symbol-excel.html)

Paul Barberton

Not printing symbol in excel

Using Excel 2000, Windows98se & HP Deskjet 5550 printer.

Using symbols from the symbol.ttf font on the spreadsheet: I can see them in
the cells as well as in print preview, but they print as question marks '?'

Actually this didn't use to be a problem but now I can't remedy it. I have
download what HP said as the latest driver for the printer, but it made no
difference. The same thing doesn't happen in Word so I now assume it is an
Excel problem.

A solution would be much appreciated.

Paul

Paul Barberton

I have just seen that this is only happening in a particular workbook. This
is all the more strange.

Paul

"Paul Barberton" wrote in message
Using Excel 2000, Windows98se & HP Deskjet 5550 printer.

Using symbols from the symbol.ttf font on the spreadsheet: I can see them

in
the cells as well as in print preview, but they print as question marks

'?'