-   -   Excel drop list reference? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247740-excel-drop-list-reference.html)

Jason Frost

Excel drop list reference?

I need help with the following.? I hope someone can help me. I'm working with a drop down list on one worksheet.? When i select something from the list, i want whatever is selected to populate in another cell, on another worksheet.? Is this possible?? Please help!

ASP.NET Data Control Series - Part 2
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...trol-seri.aspx

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com

Excel drop list reference?

Jason - On the destination sheet, you should be able to just press the =, and
navigate back to the drop down cell and select it. Then whatever is in the
drop down slection will populate the other sheet

So if the drop down is on sheet 1, cell A1, then in sheet 2 in the
destination cell =sheet1!A1
Regards

--
Matt Lynn