-   -   Excel is asking for a password while I never set one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247628-excel-asking-password-while-i-never-set-one.html)

tiny

Excel is asking for a password while I never set one

From one day to another I can't open 2 of my Excel documents because they are
suddenly protected?
One file is .xls en one file is .xlsx
I'm sure I never set any password.
How is this possible and how to access my files again?

Gord Dibben

Excel is asking for a password while I never set one

I have never heard of Excel files passwording themselves.

Does "one day to another" mean OK one day but not the next then OK on third
day?

I'm betting "Someone" added a password.

Passwords to open files are not easily cracked.

There are some commercial applications out there that will do so.

Do a 'net search on "password cracker".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From one day to another I can't open 2 of my Excel documents because they are