-   -   Password Protected Files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247515-password-protected-files.html)

ToiE

Password Protected Files

Please help!!! Currently at my job we are using Office 2003, I password
protected an Excel file and I don't remember the password. This is a very
important file, is there anything that I can do?
Thank You!
--
ToiE

Luke M

Password Protected Files

Thankfully, XL passwords are very weak. See site:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"ToiE" wrote:

Please help!!! Currently at my job we are using Office 2003, I password
protected an Excel file and I don't remember the password. This is a very
important file, is there anything that I can do?
Thank You!
--
ToiE

Mike H

Password Protected Files

What was wrong with the answer I gave you in your earlier post

"ToiE" wrote:

Please help!!! Currently at my job we are using Office 2003, I password
protected an Excel file and I don't remember the password. This is a very
important file, is there anything that I can do?
Thank You!
--
ToiE

Gord Dibben

Password Protected Files

Luke

Internal passwords are easy to crack.

File to open and VBA project passwords are not easy to crack.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP