-   -   Locating if a Sheet is present in a workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246958-locating-if-sheet-present-workbook.html)

shane

Locating if a Sheet is present in a workbook

Two Part Question:

I am looking for code that will locate if a sheet by a specific name is in
the workbook, and then delete it if it is. What is the easiest way to do
this? (I am not sure if an "IF" statement is the best way to go or not).

Secondly, is there a way to keep the warning pop-up from occurring when
trying to delete said sheet?

Thanks!

Don Guillett

Locating if a Sheet is present in a workbook

for each ws in worksheets
application.displayalerts =false
if ws.name="Bad Name" then ws.delete
application.displayalerts=true
next ws

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Shane" wrote in message
Two Part Question:

I am looking for code that will locate if a sheet by a specific name is in
the workbook, and then delete it if it is. What is the easiest way to do
this? (I am not sure if an "IF" statement is the best way to go or not).

Secondly, is there a way to keep the warning pop-up from occurring when
trying to delete said sheet?

Thanks!

Jim Thomlinson

Locating if a Sheet is present in a workbook

on error resume next
application.displayalerts = false
sheets("Sheet1").Delete
application.displayalerts = true
on error goto 0

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Shane" wrote:

Two Part Question:

I am looking for code that will locate if a sheet by a specific name is in
the workbook, and then delete it if it is. What is the easiest way to do
this? (I am not sure if an "IF" statement is the best way to go or not).

Secondly, is there a way to keep the warning pop-up from occurring when
trying to delete said sheet?

Thanks!

shane

Locating if a Sheet is present in a workbook

Thank you so much... works like a charm!!

.